CARES Airplane Safety Harness for Children
CARES Child Aviation Restraint System is designed specifically for aviation use for children age 1 and older who weigh between 22 and 44 pounds. These youngsters are old enough to be in their own seats, but are too small for the seat belt alone to protect them and provide the safety they require during airplane travel. Their bodies cannot withstand the jolts that are common in routine air travel, much less emergency situations, and they flail forward or slide beneath the seat belt if they are not held securely in place.
Each year more and more young children fly. But until CARES came along, what was missing was a convenient, hassle-free way to keep young flyers safe. Here’s what makes CARES such an invaluable travel solution:
- CARES is the first and only harness type Aviation Child Safety Device to be certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as an alternative to a car seat.
- CARES is an elegantly designed belt-and-buckle device that works in conjunction with the regular airplane seat belt and provides young travelers the same level of safety as a car seat.
- CARES weighs just one pound and fits into a 6″ stuff sack! It is easily portable, simple to install, adjustable to every size airplane seat, and usable on any window or center seat in the airplane, except in the emergency exit rows.
- Need your car seat on the other end of the trip? Just check it through as luggage – and carry CARES on board in your pocket!
CARES is manufactured exclusively by AmSafe, the foremost manufacturer of aviation seatbelts and pilot restraints in the world. (Turn over your airplane seat belt buckle. Chances are it says AmSafe.) CARES is made of the same industrial-strength webbing as your own seat belt and is engineered to the highest aviation-safety standards.
- CARES is the ONLY FAA approved harness-type child safety restraint.
- CARES is designed for children who weigh between 22-44 lbs who can sit in their own airplane seat. (approximately 1 – 5 years old)
- CARES takes the place of a car seat when traveling by air with your children and provides an equivalent level of safety (ELOS) to a car seat.
- CARES weighs less than 1 pound (11 ounces).
- CARES comes in a 6 inch stuff sack that fits in a pocket or purse. (Car seats are over 2 feet high, 20 inches wide, heavy, bulky and hard to carry)
- CARES is designed specifically for air travel: it is portable, light weight and easy to use.
- CARES takes one minute to install on any airplane seat and augments the safety of the regular lap belt.
- Parents who need the car seat at the other end of trip can ship it through as luggage, and carry their CARES on board.
- CARES has been certified by the National Air Authorities in Canada (TC), the UK (CAA), France (DGAC), Australia (CASA), New Zealand (CAA), Singapore (CAAS), Japan (JCAB), United Arab Emirates (GCAA), and Oman (DGCAM). It is also approved for use by many international airlines.