Combined Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm – A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and protects against both fire and carbon monoxide dangers.
- Intelligent Sensor Technology– Combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor with that of an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitiivity to differentiate between a real hazard and a false one.
- Voice Warning – Announces the hazard type detected (in English and French). Alarm announces “FIRE!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” when a CO hazard is detected. Also announces “LOW BATTERY” when it is time to replace the batteries.
- AA Front-Loading Battery Door – Change the batteries without the need to remove the unit from the ceiling. • Tamper Resistant – Unit will lock to mounting bracket to deter theft or tampering.
- End of Life Notification – Ten (10) years after unit is first powered, this alarm will beep two times every 30 seconds to indicate it is time to replace the alarm.
- Alarm Memory: The green LED will flash every second during alarm. When the alarm condition goes away, the originating alarm unit will flash the green LED every 16 seconds until the Test/ Reset button is pressed, thus resetting the alarm.
- Multi-function One Button Design includes: •
- Test Feature – Tests the alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement • Hush® Feature – Temporarily silences nuisance alarms for approximately 9 minutes (will announce “HUSH MODE ACTIVATED,” or “HUSH MODE CANCELLED.”). • Reset Feature – Resets the carbon monoxide alarm • Peak Level Memory – If alarm has detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset, the voice alarm will announce “CAUTION, CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED”
- Fire: The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE!”. The alarm pattern will repeat until smoke is eliminated.
- Carbon Monoxide: Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
- Low Battery: One chirp followed by warning “LOW BATTERY.” The red LED light will flash. This pattern will continue every minute for at least seven days. Under battery power, the “LOW BATTERY” voice only occurs once every 15 minutes.
- Voice Hush Indication: “HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED” voice announcement.